Conditions improve with better data
As healthcare providers take on more risk, they face increasing demands to reduce operational costs and improve the quality of care, both of which often require analytics of a wide range of data types. But analytics can strain traditional infrastructure and processes because data still sits on many “platforms” that even include paper with doctor’s handwriting. Electronic Medical Records often reside in legacy software that might not be easily accessed for analytics.
With more efficient data management, healthcare companies can realize the full potential of analytics by incorporating new data sources such as mobile, wearable and home-based technologies that improve care by better informing patients and doctors. Healthcare firms also can leverage proven approaches from other industries to improve efficiency, for example focusing on operations and logistics.
Attunity software can aggregate data and files, including those using the HL7 messaging standard, across all major database, data warehouse, Hadoop and Cloud platforms, rapidly and without manual coding. These tools lay the foundation for powerful analytics, based on automated workflows and business rules.
Underpinning all of this is strategic management of data like the valuable asset it is.
Measure Data and Resource Usage
IT teams at healthcare companies need solutions that enable them to shine a light on enterprise data usage analytics. This kind of insight can provide actionable information on which data is used throughout the enterprise, by which departments, and how often, so that guesswork is removed from the decision about which data should be placed where, and what department should be charged back for its use.
Attunity Visibility provides the best in class data usage analytics for enterprise data warehouse optimization and management. Using Visibility, organizations can get unprecedented insight into Business Activity, Data Usage and Workload Performance across different platforms (Including Teradata, Exadata, DB2, Pure Data and Hadoop). Enterprise customers use Attunity Visibility in large data warehousing environments to reduce costs, improve performance and justify investments.
Accelerate Data Flows
Eliminate manual coding and integrate data real-time across all the major database, data warehouse, Cloud and Hadoop platforms. Faster, easier data movement lays the foundation for healthcare analytics use cases such as the following:
- Processing high volumes of health records and other data points, including individual genetic profiles, to support more accurate diagnoses and more effective, more personalized treatment plans
- Incorporating individual patient data from new wearable technology to monitor and fine-tune patient treatment, and respond rapidly to issues
- Consolidating HL7-compliant Electronic Medical Records easily, rapidly and securely
- Tracking wide-ranging data points, such as social media streams, to identify and spot fraudulent reimbursement claims
Automate Data Transformation
Healthcare companies often struggle with the multi-layered and time-consuming process of ETL (extract, transform, and load). Attunity Compose provides a way to capture large amounts of multi-sourced data and transform it to enable powerful analytics. Resulting use cases include the following:
Processing high volumes of health records and other data points, including individual genetic profiles, to support more accurate diagnoses and more effective, more personalized treatment plans
Incorporating individual patient data from new wearable technology to monitor and fine-tune patient treatment, and respond rapidly to issues
Consolidating HL7-compliant Electronic Medical Records easily, rapidly and securely
Tracking wide-ranging data points, such as social media streams, to identify and spot fraudulent reimbursement claims
Optimize SAP Test Data
Many healthcare organizations count on SAP software to run their business. And as they grow, acquire and divest, they must ensure that accurate data is available for development, testing, analysis, and training, while still protecting sensitive data.
Doing so can lead to a costly drain of resources, storage and time. Production databases copies are often unnecessarily. Refresh projects can take days, a week, or more. Skilled resources are consumed with laborious and tedious process. Projects hit delays.
Attunity Gold Client software resolve these challenges by allowing SAP users to move data from and across SAP applications and data warehouses. It provides the most practical and flexible approach to selecting and replicating data based on any criteria and controlling the amount of data being copied – from individual transactions to larger volumes. Key fields such as patient identities can be scrambled to use and copy records while complying with privacy regulations such as HIPAA.
With Gold Client, healthcare organizations:
- Reduce infrastructure and data maintenance costs
- Increase efficiency in development, testing, and training
- Mitigate security and privacy risk
- Diminish business disruptions
Learn how Attunity helps leading healthcare organizations:
- Conditions Improve With Better Data Management - Data Sheet
- Philips Works With Attunity to Move Large Data Sets to Amazon Redshift in Record Time - Video
- Industry-Leading Dental Lab Company Uses Attunity CloudBeam to Support Timely, Cost-Effective Analytics on Amazon Redshift - Case Study
- Healthcare Success Story – How WellCare Accelerated Big Data Delivery to Improve Analytics - On-Demand Webinar
- Global Pharmaceutical Firm Relies on Attunity Managed File Transfer to Secure and Accelerate Information Availability throughout Business Systems - Case Study
- Facilitating Secure, Internet-Based Exchange of Protected Health Information (PHI) - Case Study